Signs of implantation as a possible pregnancy sign and pregnancy symptom include:
- Implantation cramps: Light cramps inside the uterus.
- Implantation spotting or bleeding: Short, brief spotting (a couple of drops of light or dark blood).
- A second temperature shift on the temperature curve.
- A temperature dip at about 7-10 days after ovulation.
Most women have no subjective pregnancy symptoms (symptoms that are not precisely measurable) such as bleeding or cramps, at the time of implantation. However, some women report drops of blood and/or light cramping. These pregnancy symptoms can happen with or without conception and implantation. These symptoms and chart patterns frequently occur on charts that do not result in pregnancy.
Why do these Implantation symptoms occur?
Implantation is the attachment of the fertilized egg to the uterine lining. This happens when the fertilized egg (now called a blastocyst) has completed its travel through the fallopian tube and adheres to the lining of the uterus. Implantation happens on average 9 days after ovulation and fertilization with a range of between 6 and12 days.
Implantation bleeding is just one of several typical pregnancy symptoms and happens around the time of implantation. Implantation bleeding is often also called implantation spotting. Implantation bleeding or spotting does not usually look like a regular menstrual period but is scanty and usually a pinkish or brownish discharge. and it usually happens around 6-12 days after ovulation and fertilization, within 1-2 days after arrival of the blastocyst in the uterus, usually around 9 days after ovulation (dpo), with a range of 6-12 days.
At the time of implantation bleeding, the blastocyst is barely visible to the naked eye, probably smaller than the dot above the letter "i." Once implantation happens the blastocyst becomes the embryo.
- How Common Is Implantation Bleeding?
- Is It Implantation Bleeding or Menstrual Period Bleeding?
- Why Do I Feel My Period is About to Come?
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms
- What Is Implantation?
- When Does Implantation Bleeding or Spotting Happen?
Did you have a negative pregnancy test but you think you could still be pregnant? Read HERE more what your chances are to still be pregnant after a negative pregnancy test.