Holidays are a time of fun and celebration, but some have a deeper meaning. Independence Day, celebrated on the 4th of July in the United States, is all about sacrifice, independence and freedom. Babies born on or around the 4th of July are the perfect candidates for a name inspired by the holiday.
4th of July Names for Girls
Battles were once fought and won by men, not women, but women played an important role in the battle for independence in the United States. Some of the more popular girl’s names representing important women in US history include:
- Betsy: Betsy Ross was a patriot responsible for sewing the first American flag.
- Abigail: Wife of patriot John Adams.
- Julia: A take on the word July.
- America: Representation of the US.
- Belle: Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- Freeda: A take on the word freedom.
- Amara: An alternative name for America.
Some 4th of July inspired names are word commonly used to describe the feelings that surround the holiday and holiday celebrations like:
When it comes to 4th of July inspired baby names, boy’s names are not hard to come by. There are many heroes associated with the battles that lead to American independence.
- Franklin: Benjamin Franklin – founding father.
- Francis: Francis Scott Key wrote the words to the National Anthem of the United States.
- Thomas: Thomas Jefferson – founding father
- Paul: Paul Revere
- John: John Adams – founding father
- Alexander: Alexander Hamilton – founding father
- Sam: Uncle Sam
Other 4th of July inspired baby boy names are simple and self explanatory, including:
Another popular category in celebratory names is US Presidents. Some parents choose to celebrate a 4th of July baby by passing on a popular or influential Presidential name like:
- Washington: George Washington
- Abe: Abraham Lincoln
- Carter: Jimmy Carter
- Kennedy: John Kennedy
- Barack: Barack Obama
There are an infinite number of names parents can choose from and when all those names are just too boring, parents can even choose to create a new name, but there are some names that represent freedom, independence and strength – three things every parents wants to pass on to a child. American history, especially the events that lead up to freedom for all and the 4th of July celebrations are full of inspirational names for your baby boy or girl.
< Baby Name Finder
< Baby Names Main Page