Search BabyMed

Swollen" vagina before your BFP??,1161634324,47015 3242,49,9251,Help! Sensitive and Enlarged Nipples?,1161630951,46999 2996,49,9584,I NEED HELP,1160691859,43372 2990,49,9584,baby.. maybe,1160673159,43323 2988,49,2802,HPT Obsession!,1160670484,43308 2

I have been feeling nauseaus, constant headaches, and a few migraines when I normally don't get them (I usually get ONE a couple days before my period) for the past 4 weeks. Recently, I have had cramping and my breasts have been tender and on a couple days swollen.

I had one period on 8/22. I was sick with severe hives/nausea for a whole week (starting 8/31) and had to take 25 mg. benedryl, atarax and methylprednisolone (steriods 6 day pack). I should also mention that I take birth control and I never miss a pill. I had another period on 9/19 but it was unusual- VERY light and only lasted one day with some bleeding. I thought it might be the steriod use that is making me feel like this or maybe hypoglycemia. I HAD to eat every 2 hours or else I would get VERY nauseaus and throw up. Normally I could go 4 to 5 hours without eating.

I took an HPT on 9/26 after 2 weeks of constant nausea and dizziness, it came out negative. 2 days ago I took another HPT after 4 weeks of nausea, 3 days of cramping and 1 week of breast tenderness (Confirm Clearly test) and it came out positive. I went to the doctor and took a urine test - NEGATIVE... Took a blood test and anxiously waiting for the results.... I will find out today.

I did some research on the Confirm Clearly test and apparantly many women have had false positives and have complained to the company...

I should also mention that if I am pregnant, that this will be an unplanned pregancy. BUT- now I really really really hope that I am.... DH wanted to wait, but I am going to be 36 this month and wouldn't mind if it happened sooner.

I was hoping to have a planned pregnancy so that I can prepare, take folic acid, follow a good diet, be good weight, and be MEDICATION FREE!!! (that is my biggest worry if I am pregnant because I am also taking AD along with all those other meds I took when I was sick).

Please help me with any advice or opinions that you have. I am so anxious!!!

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 29, 2006  10:54AM

I know my body and I'm sure what I feel is AF coming. I'm crampy and my "luly" has that kind of "hot" feeling to it ya know? LOL Plus my legs hurt. Those are all signs of AF for me. I'm getting a pimple too!! LOL

I really don't know what my cervix is supposed to feel like either. I had an e/p a few months ago and it still felt the same to me then. I just do it to try to see if I can feel anything different. I can always tell if it's low or high though.....

MrsHutch's picture
289 Posts
By: MrsHutch On: Oct 29, 2006  10:28AM

Yeah tryingfor6 you're still pretty early in the cycle, I definitely wouldn't take myself out of the game yet.

The reason I ask is because I haven't been checking my cp lately (mostly cause I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be feeling for), but the past two times that hubby and I have BD'd it's felt so tight that it's borderline painful... I don't really know what to make of it.

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 29, 2006  5:52AM

Both! Labia enlarged and hard to find your cervix.

I am however feeling like AF is sneaking up on me. My temps are still up there, but I'm getting BFN's. I'm not testing again unless AF doesn't show by November 2nd. This is getting to be to much for me to handle!! LOL

MrsHutch's picture
289 Posts
By: MrsHutch On: Oct 29, 2006  5:15AM

Okay this may be waaaaay TMI, but I have to ask...

When you say "swollen," do you mean on the inside or outside?

jacksbyg's picture
76 Posts
By: jacksbyg On: Oct 24, 2006  12:06PM

I have been having really odd cramps - not like AF, sort of higher. No sore BBs, no spots either (which i usually get post o), slightly more emotional and the bleed at 8dpo and thats about it. I am with you about the horrible wait but hopefully all the waiting will be worth it! Keep us posted!

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 24, 2006  8:50AM

Thanks! I hope I'll be posting my BFP early next week. This wait it torture!!! Were you having any cramping before you got your bfp? Any other symptoms?

jacksbyg's picture
76 Posts
By: jacksbyg On: Oct 24, 2006  7:31AM

hi! i noticed it about a week ago so i would have been about 7 or 8 dpo? I had a little spotting on the evening of 8 dpo. I was completely feeling like you last week - if i wasnt in the toilet checking my cervix i was looking at my chart desperately hoping something miraculous would pop out at me!!! However, you get through it cause' you know that when it does happen its the best thing in the world.....GOOD LUCK...ill be keeping everything crossed for you.

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 24, 2006  4:48AM

I'm only 5 or 6 dpo's though jacks. When did you noticed the swelling yourself? I took Clomid this month and I'm kinda crampy this morning. I normally have sore bb's and pimples by now and so far nothing. I'm wondering if I'll have a short luteal phase since i was having some cramping this morning. I hope not. Seems like my body changes monthly so I guess only time will tell. I don't know how many more times I can do this two week wait. I wish my life away two weeks out of every month!!

jacksbyg's picture
76 Posts
By: jacksbyg On: Oct 24, 2006  4:00AM

Hi, dont know whether this will help but i just found out im pregnant (v.early AF was due today) and im v.swollen - so much so that it has been difficult to check my CP (sorry if TMI!!!!!).

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 23, 2006  4:24PM

Thank Blackbeauty. I noticed when I had my e/p that my vagina was somewhat swollen. Maybe it's just a yeast infection this time. A girl can hope!

blackbeauty's picture
2497 Posts
By: blackbeauty On: Oct 23, 2006  4:22PM

NOT I

tryingfor6's picture
902 Posts
By: tryingfor6 On: Oct 23, 2006  4:12PM

Crazy question, but have any of you ladies noticed a swollen vagina days before you got your bfp?