Women who have trouble getting pregnant often turn to nutrition to help aid in conception. While fertility experts agree that full fat foods and healthy fiber are fantastic means of boosting fertility, folic acid is often left out of the picture. If the fertility food works as described, the resulting pregnancy will be aided by a healthy source of folate or folic acid. Healthy hummus with chives packs a one-two punch with the high fiber content of chickpeas, omega 3 rich olive oil and folic acid heavy chives.
Two cans chickpeas
- Rinse chickpeas with running water to remove excess salt.
- Drain the chickpeas well and throw into a food processor.
- Using a garlic press, add two to three cloves of garlic to the chickpeas.
- Secure the lid on the food processor and turn on chop.
- Open the top of the lid and start to drizzle in olive oil.
- Continue to add olive oil until the chickpeas resemble a spread.
- Remove the hummus into a bowl and add chives.
- Add lemon juice to taste
- Mix well.
- Freeze any hummus you do not plan on eating within a few days.
Nutritional Benefits: Magnesium, Full Fat Olive Oil, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, Fiber.
Category: Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner, Hors D’Oeuvres, Snack.