In order to get pregnant, a man has to have at least 40 million sperm per ejaculate.
A specific cause, such as a varicocele, can be responsible for a low sperm count. A recent study shows that sperm count can be improved by a combination of zinc and folic acid. Low vitamin C has also been implicated in an abnormal sperm count. One all natural vitamin and fertility supplement called FertilAid for men has been found in a study to improve the sperm quality.About six percent of males between the ages of fifteen and fifty struggle with infertility. Male infertility can be caused by a variety of problems.
A low sperm count can also reflect lifestyle choices that negatively impact male fertility. The following are some that may influence the sperm count:
- Take a regular vitamin and fertility supplement including folic acid
- Stop smoking because smoking significantly decreases both sperm count and sperm-cell motility.
- Prevent overheating of the scrotum: An increase of scrotal temperature (caused by tight underwear, long stays in a sauna or Jacuzzi, for example) can impair sperm production.
- Prevent excessive stress and perform relaxation exercises: Since infertility and life in general can be stressful, learn to relax. Stress is sometimes responsible for certain infertility problems such as hormonal problems.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Not too under or overweight since weight influences estrogen and testosterone levels.
- Stop using drugs: Prolonged use of recreational drugs (for example, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine).
- Stop steroids: Anabolic steroid use (may cause testicular shrinkage).
- Do not overly exercise: Overly intense exercise (high levels of adrenal steroid hormones can cause a testosterone deficiency).
- Stay away from Environmental hazards and toxins (such as pesticides, lead, paint, radiation, radioactive substances, mercury, benzene, boron, and heavy metals).
- Eat well, get hydrated and sleep well. Malnutrition and anemia can negatively affect your sperm count.
READ ABOUT MORE WAYS TO IMPROVE SPERM COUNT
Changing these behaviors may improve a man’s fertility and should be considered when a couple is trying to conceive.Watch your body temperature: Avoid vigorous exercise, hot tubs, and saunas since they raise the body temperature and may cause changes in ovulation and reduced sperm count.
Get Medical Help to improve low sperm count
When there is more semen than sperm, getting past the cervix is clearly a problem, since most sperm is in the first few drops of ejaculate. Men with poor sperm volume or viscosity are encouraged to withdraw from the vagina just after ejaculation starts. Or they may withdraw prior to ejaculation, collect their semen, and drop it off to a lab for the artificial insemination procedure.