Medicine can be complicated. Doctors spend many, many years in College, Medical School, and training to learn about their specialty.
- babyMed was found to be the most accurate calculator.
- Here is the best fertility and ovulation calculator and calendar
- From babyMed: Your fertility window explained
- From babyMed: Calculate your ovulation likelihood and fertile window
Just because someone writes something and it's on the internet, that doesn't mean it's correct. Below we list some sites and information that publish incorrect information about fertility and pregnancy:
- First Response Ovulation Calculator is completely wrong: 3 fertile days AFTER ovulation. And only two before ovulation. Cannot be more wrong.
- Whattoexpect Incorrectly shows only 3 days fertility before and 1 day after ovulation.
- Clearblue: Calculates ovulation 2 days after the correct day and indicates the wrong likelihood of fertility.
- Huffington Post: INCORRECT: "you can get pregnant on your period." CORRECT: You can only get pregnant if and when you ovulate, and ovulation does not happen when you have your period. You can however get pregnant later on (not on your period) if you have unprotected sex on your period. Sperm can survive for up to five days, and if you have unprotected sex on your period, they can survive up to five days and then fertilize an egg later on.
Huffington Post: INCORRECT: "You are most fertile before and around ovulation". CORRECT: "Around" implies before, during, and after. You are fertile only before and on the day of ovulation, not after ovulation. Making love after ovulation will not get you pregnant
- Babyy2see: Incorrectly calculates conception days and fertile days
- American Pregnancy Calculator: Indicates 11 fertile days. But there are only 6, the day of ovulation, and the 5 days before that day.
- The Bump: This ovulation calculator is another proof that just because it's on the web, that doesn't make it right but all wrong. They miscalulate ovulation day by one day.
- Justmommies - Completely miscalulates ovulation day by not taking into consideration the cycle days (eg 28 cycle days, LMP 6/1/2020 show ovulation on 6/11: Wrong!
- Now go and get the correct and perfect calculation for your ovulation and fertility calendar and calculator on BabyMed.