BabyMed Terms of Service
All material on this server and this internet site is protected by U.S. and international copyrights. Only personal use of such material is permitted. Requests for permission to use or reproduce such copyrighted material may be emailed to BabyMed, Inc. By accessing this page and this site and/or by downloading this file, you expressly agree and consent to the foregoing terms and conditions.
The Site is owned or operated by Babymed LLC (referred to herein as “we” or “us” or “our”).
Certain features, products or software that you purchase or download from the Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time that you use, purchase or download them. And when you decide to enter a contest or sweepstakes, we present the terms and conditions for the contest or sweepstakes to you. In addition, some areas of the Site provided by our third party partners and are subject to separate terms and conditions of use, which are posted within those areas.
Rules of Conduct
There are rules of conduct that you are required to follow when you use the Site. You must not:
- "harvest" (or collect) information from the Site using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so). This includes, for example, information about other users of the Site and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions available on the Site.
- use automated means to access the Site, or gain unauthorized access to the Site or to any account or computer system connected to the Site.
- "stream catch" (download, store or transmit copies of streamed content).
- obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the Site or our systems that are not intended for access by you.
- "flood" the Site with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt or harm the Site or its systems.
- circumvent or reverse engineer the Site or its systems.
- restrict or inhibit another user or users from using and enjoying the Site.
- manipulate or forge of identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information posted on the Site or otherwise provided to us or our employees.
- impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, other community members or our employees.
If you post something to the Site, such as comments or other content, do not post anything that:
- uses strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
- uses racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
- infringes any third party intellectual property right (such as copyrights),
- is defamatory (i.e., something that is negative and untrue about another person or entity),
- divulges another person's or entity's confidential or private information or trade secret,
- is fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive or discriminatory,
- encourages criminal conduct,
- contains any information (such as inside, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty, or operation of law,
- advertises or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on the Site, or
- contains any virus, malware, spyware or other harmful content or code.
You also must comply with all applicable laws and contractual obligations when you use the Site.
Ownership of Site Content and Submissions
If you submit or post any materials or content to the Site, you grant us and our business partners a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use such materials and content, including alterations thereof, for our business purposes, in any form, in any media, and via any technology we choose, whether it exists now or is created in the future. You represent that any materials and content posted or otherwise submitted by you to the Site is original to you and that you have the right to grant us these rights.
Responsibility for Public Postings and Content
Responsibility for what is posted in public areas of the Site lies with each user - you alone are responsible for the material you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Site. You alone are responsible for assessing the credibility of other user postings. We do not control the material that you or others may post or otherwise make available in such areas, and you understand that we have no obligation to monitor any such material or to edit or delete it. However, we reserve the right do so. We are not a publisher of user posts, and we are not responsible for their accuracy or legality.
Registration and Log In
To access certain features or areas of the Site, you may be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of a registration or log-in process. In addition, certain features of the Site are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the Site you will be required to log in using your username and email password.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date (this includes your contact information, so that we can reliably contact you). The information you submit must describe you (you may not impersonate another person or entity), and you may not sell, share or otherwise transfer your account information.
You are responsible for all activity occurring when the Site is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. Therefore, if you create an account, be sure to protect the confidentiality of your account password. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
The communications between you and us via the Site use electronic means, whether you visit the Site or send us an email, or whether we post notices on the Site or communicate with you via email. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
Copyright Infringement Notices
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials on the Site infringe your copyright, you or your agent may send to us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to us a counter-notice. All notices and counter notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number and, if available, your email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement or counter notices can be reached as follows: Designated Agent: CCO ; Address of Agent: 524 Broadway 11 th Floor New York, NY 10012; Telephone: E-mail for notice: [email protected]. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Changes to the Site
We reserve the right to make changes to, or to suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently), the Site or any portion of the Site. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
Suspension or Termination of Access
We reserve the right to disallow you to link to the Site at any time in our sole discretion. If we exercise such right, you agree to immediately remove and disable any and all of your links to the Site. In the absence of a written agreement with us specifying how you may link to the Site, use the following guidelines for adding one or more links to the Site from your website:
- The link must be a text-only link that clearly includes the URL of the applicable Site;
- If the link points to any page on a Site other than the home page, the text link must also include the title of the target landing page;
- The appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with our good name and trademarks;
- The appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not create the false impression that an entity is associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by us;
- The link, when activated by a user, must display the Site full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linking website and linking may not trigger any interstitial or pop-up or pop-under windows; and
- The link may not be used in connection with or appear on a website that a reasonable person might consider offensive, obscene, defamatory or otherwise malicious.
We control and operate the Site from our facilities in the United States of America, and unless otherwise specified, the materials displayed on the Site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting products and services available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Applicable Law; No Waiver; Severability
Exclusions from Arbitration
YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM FILED BY EITHER PARTY IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION. WE ALSO BOTH AGREE THAT YOU OR WE MAY BRING SUIT IN COURT TO ENJOIN INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER MISUSE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN THIS SECTION, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION MUST BE MAILED TO LEGAL DEPARTMENT, BABYMED LLC 524 BROADWAY, 11TH FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10012, BY CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED AND MUST INCLUDE: (1) YOUR NAME, (2) YOUR ADDRESS, (3) YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION, IF YOU HAVE ONE, AND (4) A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US THROUGH ARBITRATION.
Notice of Dispute; Negotiation
IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH US, YOU MUST SEND WRITTEN NOTICE TO LEGAL DEPARTMENT AT THE ADDRESS ABOVE TO GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE INFORMALLY THROUGH NEGOTIATION.
You agree to negotiate resolution of the Dispute in good faith for no less than 60 days after you provide notice of the Dispute. If we do not resolve your Dispute within 60 days from receipt of notice of the Dispute, either party may pursue a claim in arbitration pursuant to the terms of this Section.
Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding
If you or we have a Dispute with such party elects to resolve through arbitration, the party initiating the arbitration proceeding shall initiate it with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules and procedures, as modified by this Section. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA's site at https://www.adr.org. In addition to filing this form with the AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of the completed form to us at the following address to initiate arbitration proceedings: Legal Department, Babymed LLC., 524 Broadway, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10012.
You and we agree to treat the arbitration proceedings and any related discovery confidential. The terms of this Section govern in the event they conflict with the rules of the AAA.
Location of Arbitration
The arbitration proceedings shall be held in New York County, New York, unless you can demonstrate that arbitration in New York County would create an undue burden to you. If you can demonstrate that arbitration in New York County would create an undue burden to you, we may allow you to initiate the arbitration in your home state.
Class Action Waiver
YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE SPECIFICALLY AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER SITE USERS.
If any clause within this Section (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Section, and the remainder of this Section will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Section will be unenforceable, the Dispute will be decided by a court, and you and we each agree to waive in that instance, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
This Section shall survive any termination of the provision of the associated services to you.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT, EDUCATIONAL AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. WE PROVIDE THE SITE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). THIS MEANS THAT WE MAKE NO PROMISES THAT:
- THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME,
- THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS OR PROVIDE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS,
- THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR UP-TO-DATE,
- SITE OR THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM IT OR STORED ON IT WILL BE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS,
- INFORMATION AND MATERIALS THAT YOU STORE IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR ON THE SITE WILL REMAIN RETREIVABLE AND UNCORRUPTED (UNLESS WE PROMISE THIS IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT WITH YOU), OR
- THE SITE WILL BE UNITERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN ARE NOT INTENDED TO, AND DO NOT, CONSTITUTE MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE ADVICE OR DIAGNOSIS, AND MAY NOT BE USED FOR SUCH PURPOSES. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BEFORE STARTING ANY TREATMENT, MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE.
WE LIKEWISE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO BETWEEN YOU AND US OR BETWEEN YOU AND A THIRD PARTY.
IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A THIRD PARTY AFTER FOLLOWING AN AD OR LINK ON THE SITE, THE TERMS OF SALE FOR YOUR PURCHASE ARE BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY FROM WHOM YOU MADE THE PURCHASE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEIR SELLERS.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING PRICING) AT ANY TIME. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS, SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION, BY OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT AGENTS, AND OTHERWISE ON THE SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH US OR OUR AGENTS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS POSTED TO THE SITE BY USERS, NOR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN USERS, OR BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES.
THESE DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO US AND OUR AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES AS WELL AS THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SITE, AND ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE (OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE SITE), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF WE KNEW, SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OR HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, AND OF ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SITE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID TO US, IF ANY, FOR USE OF THE SITE, OR, IF APPLICABLE, FOR USE OF THE SPECIFIC SITE FEATURE OR SERVICE FROM WHICH THE CLAIM IN QUESTION FIRST AROSE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
Last Updated: May 2, 2017