One of the major reasons that you receive prenatal care and deliver in a
hospital is that you want to identify certain complications in
pregnancy early on and prevent them from happening.
Here are the ten most common pregnancy complications:
- Miscarriage: 1 in 3-4 pregnancies
- GBS Group B Strep: 1 in 3-4 pregnancies
- Rh negative: 1 in 7 pregnancies
- Preterm birth: 1 in 10 pregnancies
- Low birth weight: 1 in 10 pregnancies
- Preeclampisa: 1 in 10 first pregnancies
- Diabetes: 1 in 10-50 pregnancies
- Hypertension: 1 in 10-20 pregnancies
- Ectopic pregnancy: 1 in 50 pregnancies
- Placenta previa: 1 in 100 pregnancies
Read here more about pregnancy complications.