Postpartum and Baby
Could this be a problem?
The Online Postpartum Pregnancy Risk EvaluationDo you have possible postpartum risks?
Breastfeeding GuideLearn the basics about breastfeeding so your baby can get off to a successful start.
Common Postpartum (Postbirth) ProblemsPostpartum issues can arise during the recovery period and often require attention.
The Newborn Guide
How-to Guide for NewbornsTaking care of a newborn baby is not always easy so let us guide you through it!
Have Patience and a Plan
How to Get Your Body Back in Shape After PregnancyGaining weight is normal, but so is getting back into shape.
Test for Depression
Edinburgh Postpartum Depression TestPostpartum depression can be severe and calls for medical attention.
New tool: Choose a pill
How To Choose a Combined Oral Contraceptive PillAnswer these questions and find out which pill may be the right one for you
What Happens at the First 6-Week Postpartum Visit?Learn about the first routine postpartum exam.
The postpartum or postbirth period after delivery lasts for many months. It is usually a happy time for most women but it can also be stressful, and possibly dangerous. There are many potential complications for a new mom which may even be life-threatening. You need to care for your new baby and at the same time, your body has undergone many changes that need to be addressed.
You also need to be aware of the signs and symptoms that may happen in the postpartum period which can be dangerous and need to be addressed quickly before they threaten your health or life.
Unfortunately, many women don't know the signs of potentially life-threatening complications that could occur after you give birth. Specific signs you should watch for during the first year after birth include pain, shortness of breath, thoughts of hurting yourself or your baby, and various others.
Top postpartum topics
- PostBirth Warning Signs: Read This First
- The Online Postpartum Test
- Postpartum Depression or "The Blues"
- All About Newborn and Baby
- All About Breastfeeding
- Guide to Sex
- What Happens in the Delivery Room After Labor is Over?
- Is My Baby Allowed in the Room for My Entire Hospital Stay?
- How-to Guide for Newborns
- Baby Gear and Baby Equipment
- Testing the Newborn at Birth
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Getting Back in Shape After Birth
- Safe Postpartum Exercise
- The 6-Week Postpartum Visit
- When to Call the Pediatrician
- Paternity Testing
- Baby Boy and Baby Girl Growth Charts
- 4th Trimester Information from the American College of Ob-Gyn ACOG
Postpartum and postbirth issues
- A Must: Any Complications? Take the Postbirth Test
- Common Postpartum Issues
- Get Tested for Postpartum Depression
- 6 Week Postpartum Visit
- Postpartum Exercise - What is Safe?
- Postpartum Blues/Depression
- Bladder Issues
- Postpartum Urinary Incontinence
- Hair Loss
- Postpartum Hemorrhage May Affect Future Fertility
- The Breastfeeding Guide
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Breastfeeding FAQs
- Ten Breastfeeding Tips
- How to Stop Breastfeeding
- Tips and Tricks
- Best Breastfeeding Diet
- Herbs, Supplements, and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding with Allergies
- Breastfeeding a Sick Baby
Early postpartum concerns (initial and first 2 weeks)
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Postpartum Endometritis
- Postpartum Hair Loss
- Breastfeeding & Lactation
- Diastasis Recti of the Abdominal Muscles (DRAM)
Later postpartum concerns (after first 2 weeks)
- Postpartum Blues vs. Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Thyroiditis
- Postpartum Urinary Incontinence
- Breast Infections - Mastitis
- Cabbage for Postpartum Breast Engorgement
- Kegel Exercises
- Postpartum Sex
Postpartum and postbirth blogs
- 4 Postpartum Pains and How to Relieve Them
- What to Do About Breast Engorgement
- How to Minimize Bloodshot Eyes After Labor
- Best Birth Control Options After You Have a Baby
- Waiting to Clamp the Cord Proves Beneficial
- Postpartum Complications and Preeclampsia
- New Postpartum Pregnancy Avoidance Protocol
- Unreadiness for Postpartum Discharge Following Healthy Term Pregnancy
- Lower Sexual Interest in Postpartum Women
- Effectiveness of Immediate Postbirth IUD Insertion
- Fish Oil is Ineffective Treatment for Postpartum Depression
- How Soon After Birth Does Fertility Return?
- Can I Get Pregnant Before I Have My First Postpartum Period?
Complications with baby
- Low Birth Weight Infants: Hospital and Home Care
- Premature Infant: Hospital Care
- Caring for Your Large for Gestational Age Infant
- Feeding Your Low Birth Weight Infant
- Home Care of Small for Gestational Age Infants
- Hospital Care of Small for Gestational Age Infants
- Hospital Preparation and Evaluation of Low Birth Weight Infant
- Special Follow-up Care for Low Birth Weight Infants
- What is Macrosomia?
- Macrosomia: Follow-up Care