1. Barnhart KT, Simhan H, Kamelle SA. Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound above and below the beta-hCG discriminatory zone. Obstet Gynecol 1999;94:583–7.
2. Barnhart K, vam Mello NM, Bourne T, Kirk E, Van Calster B, Bottomley C, et al. Pregnancy of unknown location: a consensus statement of nomenclature, definitions, and outcome. Fertil Steril 2011;95:857–66.
3. Kadar N, Freedman M, Zacher M. Further observations on the doubling time of human chorionic gonadotropin in early asymptomatic pregnancies. Fertil Steril 1990;54:783–7.
4. Pittaway DE, Wentz AC. Evaluation of early pregnancy by serial chorionic gonadotropin determinations: a comparison of methods by receiver operating characteristic curve analysis. Fertil Steril 1985;43:529–33.
5. Kadar N, Caldwell BV, Romero R. A method of screening for ectopic pregnancy and its indications. Obstet Gynecol 1981;58:162–6.
6. Barnhart KT, Sammel MD, Rinaudo PF, Zhou L, Hummel AC, Guo W. Symptomatic patients with an early viable intrauterine pregnancy: HCG curves redefined. Obstet Gynecol 2004;104:50–5.
7. Horne AW, McBride R, Denison FC. Normally rising hCG does not predict live birth in women presenting with pain and bleeding in early pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2011;156:120–1.
8. Silva C, Sammel MD, Zhou L, Gracia C, Hummel AC, Barnhart K. Human chorionic gonadotropin profile for women with ectopic pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2006;107:605–10.
9. Barnhart K, Sammel MD, Chung K, Zhou L, Hummel A, Guo W. Decline of serum human chorionic gonadotropin and spontaneous complete abortion: defining the normal curve. Obstet Gynecol 2004;104:975–81.
10. Chung K, Sammel M, Zhou L, Hummel A, Guo W, Barnhart K. Defining the curve when initial levels of human chorionic gonadotropin in patients with spontaneous abortions are low. Fertil Steril 2006;85:508–10.
11. Steier JA, Bergsjo P, Myking OL. Human chorionic gonadotropin in maternal plasma after induced abortion, spontaneous abortion, and removed ectopic pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 1984;64:391–4.
12. Aral K, Gurkan Zorlu C, Gokmen O. Plasma human chorionic gonadotropin levels after induced abortion. Adv Contracept 1996;12:11–4.
13. Condous G, Kirk E, Van Calster B, Van Huffel S, Timmerman D, Bourne T. Failing pregnancies of unknown location: a prospective evaluation of the human chorionic gonadotrophin ratio. BJOG 2006;113:521–7.
14. Montgomery Irvine L, Padwick ML. Case report: serial serum HCG measurements in a patient with an ectopic pregnancy: a case for caution. Hum Reprod 2000;15:1646–7.
15. Seeber BE, Sammel MD, Guo W, Zhou L, Hummel A, Barnhart KT. Application of redefined human chorionic gonadotropin curves for the diagnosis of women at risk for ectopic pregnancy. Fertil Steril 2006;86:454–9.
16. Morse CB, Sammel MD, Shaunik A, Allen-Taylor L, Oberfoell NL, Takacs P, et al. Performance of human chorionic gonadotropin curves in women at risk for ectopic pregnancy: exceptions to the rules. Fertil Steril 2012;97: 101–6.
17. Bjercke S, Tanbo T, Dale PO, Morkid L, Abyholm T. Human chorionic gonadotrophin concentrations in early pregnancy after in-vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1999;14:1642–6.
18. Confino E, Demir RH, Friberg J, Gleicher N. The predictive value of hCG beta subunit levels in pregnancies achieved by in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer: an international collaborative study. Fertil Steril 1986;45:526–31.
19. Zhang X, Barnes R, Confino E, Milad M, Puscheck E, Kazer RR. Delay of emobryo transfer to day 5 results in decreased intial serum B-human chorionic gonadotropin levels. Fertil Steril 2003;80:1359–63.
20. Chen CD, Ho HN, Wu MY, Chao KH, Chen SU, Yang YS. Paired human chorionic gonadotrophin determinations for the prediction of pregnancy outcome in assisted reproduction. Hum Reprod 1997;12:2538–41.
21. Alahakoon TI, Crittenden T, Illingworth P. Value of single and paired serum human chorionic gonadotropin measurements in predicting outcome of in vitro fertilisation pregnancy. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2004;44:57–61.
22. Shamonki MI, Frattarelli JL, Bergh PA, Scott RT. Logarithmic curves depicting initial level and rise of serum beta human chorionic gonadotropin and live delivery outcomes with in vitro fertilization: an analysis of 6021 pregnancies. Fertil Steril 2009;91:1760–4.
23. Zegers-Hochschild F, Altieri E, Fabres C, Fernandez E, Mackenna A, Orihuela P. Predictive value of human chorionic gonadotrophin in the outcome of early pregnancy after in-vitro fertilization and spontaneous conception. Hum Reprod 1994;9:1550–5.
24. Chung K, Sammel MD, Coutifaris C, Chalian R, Lin K, Castelbaum AJ, et al. Defining the rise of serum HCG in viable pregnancies achieved through use of IVF. Hum Reprod 2006;21:823–8.