Hallelujah, the baby is coming! No, not today but soon. In a few months. Meanwhile, there’s so much to do — choosing a name, readying the nursery, what to wear to the baby shower, what to take to the hospital, which car seat is best, breast milk or formula...!
Honey, you need a babymoon.
A babymoon requires some planning and scheduling, just as having a baby does, but CNN has made choosing the destination simple and worry-free. The Travel + Leisure editors at CNN have just published their list of the 10 most romantic towns in the US, here in alphabetical order. Thanks to CNN, all you have to do is supply the love.
- Amelia Island, Florida — If the thought of romance conjures up visions of Victorian mansions, four-poster beds, claw-foot tubs, and intimate strolls along the seashore, Amelia Island is all about you.
- Aspen, Colorado — Enjoy the elements of European Alps without going too many time zones away from your favorite obstetrician when Aspen is the destination. The view at 10,700 feet is breathtaking every day of the year.
- Beaufort, North Carolina — How can you not fall in love with a port city more than 300 years old with a pirate-laced past? The ghost of Blackbeard may bring out the swashbuckler in you.
- Burlington, Vermont — Grab a couple of hot cocoas from Lake Champlain Chocolates and snuggle up along the shore at the end of the afternoon to discover first-hand why Rudyard Kipling described Burlington as the sweetest place in the world to watch a sunset.
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire — Bookworms pick Portsmouth, where the chilly winters make reading in bed all day long a luxurious indulgence you won’t have to justify to anyone. Want to venture out? The Music Hall is a refurbished theater built in 1878 that showcases classic movies and live music today.
- Sag Harbor, New York — If “we vacationed in the Hamptons” is something you’ve been dying to say, Sag Harbor is the place for you. Indulge in star-spotting and romance at the American Hotel, built in 1846.
- San Luis Obispo, California — Relax and get mellow in California without the drama of its bigger, more famous cities. Chill at Pismo Beach, tour Hearst Castle, and sip some of the best coffee brewed in the US.
- Sonoma, California — Quirky locals and stunning scenery make this destination enticing even when local wines are off limits. Sonoma wine country is not a family destination so couples-style romance abounds. Food is top-notch gourmet and overnight accommodations sumptuous.
- St. Simons, Georgia — Offers a charming blend of southern-style laissez-faire and seaside get-away. CNN editors list this as their #1 most romantic town in the US.
- Traverse City, Michigan — This “tart cherry capital of the world” is the sweet spot for nature lovers. Hikes through lakeshore dunes and autumn colors beckon when the outdoors calls.