Molasses is considered one of the top 100 foods to eat while pregnant.
Many people think of molasses as a sweet ingredient in sauces, but it
can be the major ingredient in glazes for meats and fruits. No matter
the time of year, heat up that outdoor grill and get ready for a vitamin
rich treat that offers a little of every healthy during pregnancy.
4 to 5 cups fresh fruit, cut into large cubes
Skewers, soaking in water
¼ cup molasses
1 TB lemon juice, fresh
1 TB butter, unsalted
- In a small saucepan, pour molasses, lemon and butter.
- Heat on high until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook at boiling for three minutes, remove from heat.
- Heat grill to ideal.
- Pull skewers from water and feed fruits onto the wooden stick.
- Spray grill grates with grill safe, non-flaring spray.
- Place fruit on the grill.
- Use a brush to paint fruit with molasses glaze.
- Flip when one side is brown.
- Continue to cook for four to five minutes, glazing often.
- Serve with extra glaze.
Nutritional Benefits: Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Potassium.
Category: Snack, Breakfast, Appetizer, Hors D’Oeuvres.