Fish is perfectly safe for consumption during pregnancy, as long as a
low-mercury fish is chosen. Sole is a healthy fish with a light texture
and no saturated fat. This recipe packs quite the iron punch with a bit of protein, folic acid and plenty of vitamins to spare.
2 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 cup broccoli, chopped
½ cup button mushrooms, chopped
1 cup breadcrumbs
5 tb cream cheese, full-fat
8 fillets of sole, small
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and add pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste. Toss together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook onion in oil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to onions and cook for 7 additional minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the mixture and brown.
- Add seasoned bread crumbs and cook one minute.
- Take saucepan from heat and cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, add cream cheese and mix well.
- Place wax paper on the counter and lay out sole fillets.
- Spoon mixture onto fillets.
- Roll fillets and secure with a toothpick.
- Place fillets in baking dish.
- Bake fish for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
Nutritional Benefits: Iron, Calcium, Folic Acid
Category: Main Dish, Lunch