Nobody knows travel like the experts at Fodor’s. They’ve been writing top-selling travel guides for almost a hundred years. Each guide comes with travel tips, things to do and see, and other tidbits of useful information a tourist may find handy. And they make recommendations, lots of recommendations. This 2014 recommendation of the 15 best beaches around the world is sure to spark babymooning ideas for travel far and wide.
- Ambergris Caye, Belize: This, the largest island in Belize and surrounded by turquoise waters, is a haven for nature lovers and Mayan history buffs. Travel nonstop from cities across the US.
- Cartagena, Columbia: This history-filled walled city is quaint but cosmopolitan. Go now before it’s popularity skyrockets.
- Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand: Peace, quiet, privacy, and secluded coves make this stunningly beautiful beach a babymoon destination to remember forever.
- Corfu, Greece: Stroll through the lasting influences of the Greek, Venetians, French and British in the monuments, palaces, fortresses, outdoor cafes and trendy shops dotting this Greek island.
- Corsica, France: This Mediterranean island does French with its own special flair. Find charm, excellent food, mountains, beaches, gorgeous water, and the ancestral home of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Emerald Coast, Nicaragua: This is one of the few places one can frolic on the beaches of the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. It’s where adventure, colonial architecture, and eco-friendly overnight accommodations abound.
- Hvar, Croatia: Long a favorite stop for the nautical crowd, a wave of hotel-building makes this coastal town attractive to more visitors now than ever. Picturesque vineyards, olive groves, pine forests, fruit orchards, and lavender fields surround this charming port city.
- Ocean Grove, New Jersey: Hurricane Sandy left her mark but this seaside destination is making a comeback and is looking better than ever. With 130 miles of seashore, there’s a beach here for everyone.
- Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica: A new international airport makes travel easy to this gorgeous destination alive with exotic monkeys in tropical rainforests, waters of sapphire, and snow-white sandy beaches.
- Playa Dorado, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: The golden sands of this island’s Amber Coast are in easy reach from the US and perfectly delightful accommodations are available for every budget.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Soccer, rain forest, mountains, beaches, Ipanema, vibrant colors, spicy foods, Carnaval, dancing — the list and fun never stop in Rio.
- San Diego, California: The weather here is often described as absolutely perfect year-round. Stroll the beach, hike the hillsides, explore beachside caves, and enjoy the shops, art galleries, and restaurants in town.
- Soufriere, St. Lucia: Travel nonstop from Newark, New Jersey, to this tropical paradise. Once a French plantation, the town is now the central attraction on the island.
- Tetiaroa, French Polynesia: Tahitian royalty used to play here, Royal Navy Captain William Bligh searched for mutineers, and Marlon Brando came thinking about making a movie about a boat. The island’s coral reef is home to sea turtles and 167 different kinds of colorful and exotic fish.
- Tokoriki Island, Mamanuca Islands, Fiji: The Sheraton Fiji Resort & Spa is set to open in May 2014 on this volcanic island surrounded by powdery beaches, astounding coral reefs, and giant clams. Babymooners might be especially pleased with the resort’s private plunge pools.
Babymoon Ideas and Destinations
Source: “15 Best Beaches for 2014.” Fodor’sTravel. Random House LLC. Jan 8, 2014. Web. Feb 13, 2014.