Most history buffs have the Northeastern US on their bucket lists; almost half the National Historic Landmarks in the National Park Service system are here. But why wait till later? Bump it up to a babymoon destination and get a hands-on look at history that you can use later when it’s time to help with somebody’s history homework.
There’s a lot more than history here, though. Some of the nation’s most breathtaking scenery is in the Northeast and outdoor activities abound. It’s a sportsman’s paradise inside and out; the region’s 22 professional sports teams have won more than 110 championships but hunting, fishing, skiing, hiking, biking, and other sporting activities are available for individual pursuits. There are lakes, mountains, beaches, cities, rural escapes, shopping, food, and distinctly different seasons that mean there’s something new to do and see all year round.
Put these seven babymoon destinations at the top of your list if the Northeast is calling:
- The “Babymoon Escape” package at the Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, Pennsylvania, welcomes soon-to-be parents with a Craving Basket loaded with delicious treats and special credits for spa treatments, yoga, private lessons to learn how to cook healthy baby foods, and much more.
- The Cape Codder Resort & Spa in Hyannis, Massachusetts, designed its “Countdown to Baby” package with pampering and romance in mind. Couples can enjoy massages together, facials, pedicures, fine dining, chocolates, and a special gift to take home for the baby.
- Relax into luxury at the intimate Vanderbilt Grace Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island. The “Mommy-to-be” package includes breakfast, massage, yoga, beauty products, and a toy and blanket for baby. A butler will even come draw your bath, if you so wish.
- Cozy up together in Ele’s Escape, the comfortably spacious room reserved for babymooners at the Abner Adams House Bed & Breakfast in Bloomfield, New York. Snuggle up in front of your private fireplace after enjoying a day exploring the scenic Finger Lakes Region.
- The Birchwood Inn in Lenox, Massachusetts, offers a “Mother-to-Be Pampered Babymoon Package” that comes loaded with indulgences but, if that’s not enough, they also offer an “a la carte menu” of treats that will send your romantic escape over the moon.
- The Inn in Westport (New York) embraces the outdoors and encourages guests to do the same. The Inn is on Lake Champlain and many rooms (all named after famous authors) have lake views. Hiking is encouraged, thanks to Elizabeth Lee, a midwife / naturalist / outdoor guide who will customize the perfect hike for every couple.
- Live like Zelda and F. Scott at the Oheka Castle in Huntington, New York. The lavish “Last Night of Sleep” package includes in-room massages for two, strawberries dripping in Belgium chocolate, a gift blanket for baby, and guided tour of the spectacular estate.