What are your chances of getting pregnant?
Your chances of getting pregnant depend on many variables including your age, your frequency of having intercourse, when you have intercourse, and other variables.
With regular sex, about 15-25% of couples who try to conceive get pregnant in each ovulatory cycle. Approximately 50% of couples will conceive during the first 5-6 months, and 85% in their first year. About 15% take longer than one year to get pregnant, and about 50% will get pregnant in the second year. The probability of getting pregnant decreases with age. A woman is less likely to get pregnant as she gets older.
Take the Fertility Calculator to calculate your own odds.
Here are your odds of conceiving:
- 1 in 5 each month
- 1 in 10 each month if you are over 35
- 1 in 2 after 4-5 months
- 4 in 5 after one year
- 1 in 5-10 in the second year
- 1 in 2.5 if you make love once a day during the fertile time
- 1 in 3 if you make love every other day during the fertile time
- 1 in 10 if you make love only once, 4-5 days before ovulation
- 1 in 30 if you make love only once a month
- 1 in 7 if you make love 5 times a month
- 1 in 3-4 if you make love 10 times a month
- Zero if you ONLY make love after ovulation