Planning for Pregnancy
We do so much planning and preparation before we cook our favorite holiday meals. Just consider how much we plan our Thanksgiving dinner. We often have an extensive list and purchase just the right ingredients, the perfect cut of meat, the ideal spices, and the best cookware. Once we get started, we measure carefully and stir consistently to cook that meal to absolute perfection. While the dinner might last a few hours, the preparation can take weeks in advance. Ironically, we follow dinner recipes to a tee, yet most pregnancies follow the "just do it" principle.
Many people think of just 3 trimesters when it comes to pregnancy, but in reality, there are actually 6 trimesters! The time before, during, and after pregnancy. The pre-trimester is one of the most important trimesters, and it can help determine the remaining 5, and also help ensure a healthy pregnancy.
babyMed wants to change the "just do it" principle by getting you ready for pregnancy in advance. We will help you learn all the right "ingredients" to whip up a healthy and happy pregnancy.
- The Six Trimesters Of Pregnancy
- What Is The Pre-Trimester?
- Pre-Trimester Checklist: Before You Get Pregnant
- Top 10 Pre-Trimester Tips
- What Is Preconception Care?
- The Preconception To-Do List
12 Steps for Preconception Care
- See your doctor first
- Get educated and learn about fertility and getting pregnant
- Improve the health of you and your partner
- Review your medications and supplements
- Stop smoking and stop alcohol
- Be at your optimal weight
- Try and relax
- See your dentist
- Check your health insurance
- When to stop birth control
- See an infertility specialist if necessary
- His pre-trimester of the pregnancy is important, too!
- What Preconception Tests Should You Get?
- Pap Smear
- TSH (checks thyroid)
- Sperm Analysis
- Postcoital Test (PCT)
- Check Ovulation with the basal body temperature curve (BBT)
- Cycle Day 3 tests if problems with TTC
- Hepatitis A
- Rubella titers
- Chickenpox titers
- Parvovirus B-19 (Fifth Disease)
- Type and Rh both partner's blood
- Sickle Cell
- Jewish Genetic Disease
- What Men Should Do In The Pre-Trimester
- Pre-Trimester For Men: The Preconception Period Is Vital
- Dad’s Folic Acid Consumption May Be Vital To Baby’s Health
Nutrition and Diet
- Pre-Trimester Diet and Lifestyle Tips
- Nutrition and Diet Before Pregnancy
- Optimal Pregnancy Weight Gain
- Preventing Birth Defects
- Benefits Of Folic Acid During Preconception and Pregnancy