We do so much planning and preparation before we cook our favorite holiday meals. Just consider how much we plan our Thanksgiving dinner. We often have an extensive list and purchase just the right ingredients, the perfect cut of meat, the ideal spices, and the best cookware. Once we get started, we measure carefully and stir consistently to cook that meal to absolute perfection. While the dinner might last a few hours, the preparation can take weeks in advance. Ironically, we follow dinner recipes to a tee, yet most pregnancies follow the "just do it" principle.
babyMed wants to change the "just do it" principle by getting you ready for pregnancy in advance. We want to help women and men learn all the right "ingredients" that will whip up a healthy and happy pregnancy. Read on!
- What Is The Pre-Trimester?
- The Six Trimesters Of Pregnancy
- Pre-Trimester Checklist: Before You Get Pregnant
- Top 10 Pre-Trimester Tips
- What Is Preconception Care?
- The Preconception To-Do List
12 Steps for Preconception Care
- See your doctor first
- Get educated and learn about fertility and getting pregnant
- Improve the health of you and your partner
- Review your medications and supplements
- Stop smoking and stop alcohol
- Be at your optimal weight
- Try and relax
- See your dentist
- Check your health insurance
- When to stop birth control
- See an infertility specialist if necessary
- His pre-trimester of the pregnancy is important, too!
What Preconception Tests Should You Get?
TSH (checks thyroid)
Postcoital Test (PCT)
Check Ovulation with the basal body temperature curve (BBT)
Cycle Day 3 tests if problems with TTC
Parvovirus B-19 (Fifth Disease)
Type and Rh both partner's blood
Jewish Genetic Disease
Nutrition and Diet
Pre-Trimester Diet and Lifestyle Tips
Nutrition and Diet Before Pregnancy
Preconception Vitamins and Folic Acid
Optimal Pregnancy Weight Gain
Preventing Birth Defects
Benefits Of Folic Acid During Preconception and Pregnancy
Testing for Fertility
Why Can't We Get Pregnant?
Odds Of Getting Pregnant
Good Eggs Versus Bad Eggs
Signs And Symptoms Of Female Infertility
How Often Should You Have Sex During Fertile Period?