Starting the day with some fresh, buckwheat pancakes is the ideal way to
bump up that fertility. Buckwheat is rich in fiber and tastes great
1/3 cup flour, buckwheat
1/3 cup flour, whole wheat
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
3 tsp granulated sugar or brown sugar
1/3 cup full-fat yogurt
½ cup full-fat milk
1 whole egg
1 tb butter, melted
- In one large bowl, mix wet ingredients – yogurt, milk, egg and butter.
- In another large bowl, mix dry ingredients – flours, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine the two sets of ingredients into one bowl and stir well.
- This batter is lumpy so don’t try to beat out the lumps.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add a little butter or non-stick spray.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into the skillet and top with almonds.
- When bubbles pop up on the surface of the buckwheat pancake, flip.
- Cook until the bottom is slightly brown, almonds will roast.
- Repeat until all buckwheat pancakes are cooked.
Nutritional Benefits: Fiber, Full-Fat.
Category: Breakfast, Snack.