Beans are considered one of the healthiest foods to eat when trying to
conceive. The rich fiber content is at the heart of the fantastic
nutritional support provided by this soup recipe. Red chilies and cheese finish off a hearty meal with style and beauty.
2 cups dried pinto beans
2 chopped onions
3 chopped garlic cloves
2 tb olive oil
2 tsp oregano, dried
2 tsp cumin, ground
½ tsp coriander, ground
3 dried red chilies, cleaned (all seeds and veins removed)
Salt to taste
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
2 tb sliced scallion
3 tb chopped cilantro
Sour cream to taste
- Rinse beans and pick out any rocks or debris.
- Pour oil in a pressure cooker and heat.
- Add garlic, onions, cumin, coriander, red chilies and oregano to oil.
- Stir well then add pinto beans.
- Pour 3 qts water and salt into the pressure cooker.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and seal.
- Heat pressure cooker to high and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure from the pot.
- Remove two cups of the pinto beans and puree.
- Remove red chilies and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to pot and whisk in.
- Cook for 10 additional minutes to thicken.
- Season as needed before serving over brown rice topped with cheese.
Nutritional Benefits: Fiber, Whole Grains.
Category: Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner.