Chicken Katsu is a Hawaiian dish traditionally made with Panko bread
crumbs and fried in oil. This healthy alternative skips the frying
process but keeps all the flavor and protein.
3 chicken breasts
Panko bread crumbs
Non-stick spray, grill variety
- With a sharp knife, slice each chicken breast down the middle to create two, thinner chicken breasts.
- In a large bowl, mix Panko bread crumbs with pepper and garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Press Panko bread crumb mixture onto both sides of chicken breasts.
- It may take several flips to coat the chicken breast completely.
- When all chicken breasts are coated with Panko bread crumbs, remove the baking sheet from the oven with caution – the baking sheet will be very hot. Place each chicken breast on the preheated baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven.
- Reduce oven to 400 degrees and cook chicken breasts for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken breasts once during the cooking process.
Nutritional Benefits: Protein
Category: Main Dish, Lunch