Egg nog is a drink that is synonymous with fall and winter celebrations.
This winter, instead of buying the sugar laden variety in stores,
pregnant women can prepare a healthy winter egg nog at home in no time.
2 x-large eggs
1 qt non-fat milk
½ cup sugar, or equal measure sugar substitute
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp real vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add non-fat milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and mix until well-blended.
- Pour into a large saucepan and bring to a heavy boil over medium high.
- Stir constantly.
- Strain healthy winter egg nog through a strainer to remove any egg pieces.
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Nutritional Benefits: Calcium, Protein
Category: Hors D’Oeurves, Appetizer