Cous cous is typically served as a hot, pasta dish. This tiny pasta is perfect for cooling and serving in salad form. With the addition of olives, cucumber and grape tomatoes, the nutritional benefits of a healthy Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad shoots through the roof.
1 box cous cous
20 grape tomatoes, chopped
½ large cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 can olives, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 tsp sugar
- Cook cous cous per box instructions.
- Fluff cooked cous cous and place in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- After the cous cous is cooled, add grape tomatoes, cucumber and olives.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to create vinaigrette.
- Toss the cous cous with vinaigrette until all grains are coated and tomatoes, cucumber and olives are mix thoroughly.
Nutritional Benefits: Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Fiber, Calcium, Folate
Category: Main Dish, Side Dish, Appetizer, Lunch