Doctors agree that full fat foods are ideal for improving fertility
chances. Spinach is full of folic acid, which is essential for the brain
development of the fetus in the first few weeks after gestation. When trying to get pregnant, this simple recipe offers both a fertility boost and the protection of increased folic acid.
Bag of baby spinach
1 can low sodium or salt free chicken broth
4 TB whole, unsalted butter
2 TB unbleached flour
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ sweet onion, diced
Whole milk or whipping cream
- Melt butter half the butter in a large skillet and brown onions and garlic over medium high heat.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Remove spinach into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in the large skillet over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add one can of chicken broth to the skillet and whisk.
- As the chicken broth thickens, add milk or cream to dilute to a thick soup consistency.
- Add spinach back into large skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Nutritional Benefits: Folic acid, full fat.
Category: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer.