This creamy Tzaziki sauce is originally from Greece and it incorporates calcium rich yogurt with cucumbers and dill for the perfect sauce.
1 large cucumber, seeded and grated
1 ½ cups full-fat yogurt
1 tb lemon juice, fresh
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tb fresh dill
- Place grated cucumber in cheese cloth and squeeze until all water is removed.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, dill and garlic to a small bowl and mix completely.
- Add grated cucumber and toss gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- Overnight refrigeration is ideal.
- Serve with Melba toast or whole wheat cocktail bread, toasted.
***Adding a bit of water can thin the mixture for use as a sauce over grilled chicken or fish.******
Nutritional Benefits: Calcium
Category: Sauce, Appetizer, Hors D’Oeuvres