If you are trying to have a baby you will hear a lot of things about conception, some true but many not true.
Here are the top 12 misconceptions about conception:
- It's usually the woman's fault if she can't get pregnant (False).
- Sperm only live for several hours (False).
- You need to wait at least three months after stopping birth control pills before you can start trying to conceive (False).
- The best way to time intercourse is always on the 14th day of your cycle (False).
- Having an orgasm helps you get pregnant (False).
- You should have sex every other day if you want to get pregnant (False).
- You can diagnose implantation or pregnancy from cervical changes (False).
- You can get pregnant several days before and after ovulation (False).
- Stress prevents a woman from getting pregnant (False).
- Your first pregnancy symptoms usually start before you miss your period (False).
- If you have only one ovary, you ovulate only once every two months (False).
- If you haven’t become pregnant after three months of trying, something must be wrong (False).