Learn how to get pregnant faster!
Your chances of getting pregnant depend on many variables including your age, when and how often you have sex, and other factors. The more you learn about what it takes to get pregnant, the more you will know what to do to make lifestyle changes and set up a solid plan to conceive. Take this quiz created by Dr. Amos Grunebaum to calculate your own odds, see how much you know, and learn more about your chances of getting pregnant. More importantly, learn how you can get pregnant faster!
How long does it take to get pregnant?
With regular sex, about 15-25% of couples who try to conceive get pregnant in each ovulatory cycle. Approximately 50% of couples will conceive during the first 5-6 months, and 85% in their first year. About 15% take longer than one year to get pregnant, and about 50% will get pregnant in the second year. The probability of getting pregnant decreases with age.
Here are your odds of conceiving:
- 1 in 5 each month
- 1 in 10 each month if you are over 35
- 1 in 2 after 4-5 months
- 4 in 5 after one year
- 1 in 5-10 in the second year
- 1 in 2.5 if you make love once a day during the fertile time
- 1 in 3 if you make love every other day during the fertile time
- 1 in 10 if you make love only once, 4-5 days before ovulation
- 1 in 30 if you make love only once a month
- 1 in 7 if you make love 5 times a month
- 1 in 3-4 if you make love 10 times a month
- Zero if you only make love after ovulation
Why is getting pregnant so complicated?
Getting pregnant requires many systems to be working well in sync including your hormones, ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, and his sperm. The actual chances of getting pregnant depend on many variables including a woman's age (the older she is, the lower the chances), when and whether she ovulates (no ovulation, equals zero chances getting pregnant), if and when the couple have sex, and sperm level and quality.
Take this quiz to calculate your chances of getting pregnant!