Getting pregnant is not as easy as you think. While some couples get pregnant within the first month of trying, others don't have that much luck. "How can I get pregnant faster?" or "how do you get pregnant?" are among the top questions asked by many couples trying to conceive.
First things first: How to improve his sperm count.
About 50% of couples will successfully conceive within 5-6 months, and about 85% will conceive within one year if they do not use contraception and have sex regularly. Another half of those who don’t conceive in the first year will get pregnant in the second year. You are more likely to get pregnant if you and your partner are both in good health and younger, of normal weight and make love regularly but especially during the 5-6 fertile days. Making some changes to your lifestyle may improve your chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. In addition, calculating you fertile days helps you determine the best days of having sex.
The following 10 periconception tips will help you improve your pregnancy chances and your chances of having a healthy baby:
- See your doctor for a periconception visit and get your partner tested too.
- Learn everything there is to know about getting pregnant.
- Eat well and take your vitamin and folic acid supplement well before conception. Improve his health too!
- Review all medication you take with your doctor including those that are over-the-counter and those that are prescribed.
- Stop Smoking and drinking and go easy on the coffee.
- Be at your optimal weight and exercise.
- Relax, relax, relax.
- See your dentist for a checkup and cleaning.
- Check your health insurance coverage, review your options for leave at work and make a pregnancy and baby budget.
- See an infertility specialist (Reproductive Endocrinologist, RE) if…
Read more tips on how to get pregnant fast faster HERE.