If you’ve ever wondered what the rich and famous do in their spare time, the current baby boom in Hollywood may offer some hints. Here’s a quick run-down on the celebrities who’ve made the big pregnancy announcement in recent weeks.
- Maggie Siff tells Us Weekly she’s past the nausea stage and seems relieved shooting for Sons of Anarchy is over for the season. Siff has portrayed Tara Knowles on the show since 2008. She says her pregnancy cravings include yogurt and dairy.
- Jesse Williams, of Grey’s Anatomy fame, will soon face a new role as father. His wife, Aryn Drake-Lee, is due in December. The couple met when Williams was teaching high school in New York City.
- Reality star Kristin Cavallari has more hinted than announced that baby #2 is on the way. She and hubby, NFL star Jay Cutler, have a son, Camden, who celebrated his first birthday last summer.
- Basketball star, Tony Parker, has a baby boy on the way. Parker once married to Eva Longoria, Tweeted the big announcement on October 30.
- Twitter is the announcement venue of choice for Kendra Wilkinson, too. Her public announcement includes a selfie of her and her positive Clearblue pregnancy test result. Baby #2 will be welcomed by big brother, Hank Baskett IV, who turns 4 in December.
- Dynamo Melissa Rycroft is nothing if not busy. She’s dazzled the American public with one reality show after another, is in negotiation for yet another one with Ryan Seacrest, and now tells People she’s got baby #2 on the way. According to Rycroft, 2-year-old daughter Amy has a baby brother to look forward to next spring.
- What could possibly be groovier, baby, than having funnyman Mike Myers for a father? Two kids who call him Dad. Myers and wife, Kelly Tisdale, recently announced their son, 2-year-old Spike, is soon to be a big brother and the entire family is “thrilled” by this “awesome” news.
- When Kerry Washington announced she and husband, NFL star Nnamdi Asomugha, are expecting their first child, questions immediately arose about her TV role. Will Olive Pope, the character Washington plays on ABC’s Scandal, announce a pregnancy during season three, too?
- Actress Olivia Wilde recently told Marie Claire magazine that fiancée, former Saturday Night Live funnyman Jason Sudeikis, is “who I want to raise a child with.” Seems that’s going to happen in 2014.