Healing colds in pregnancy is something most pregnant women will have to
deal with at one time or another. Maybe a family member has fallen ill
or a pregnant woman you know. Chicken soup recipes often include
vegetables and rich chicken stock packing tons of vitamins and nutrients in a simple to eat package, making Jewish Penicillin recipes ideal for pregnant women.
The Jewish population in Finland was not significantly affected by World War II. The Finish army chose to fight with the Germans instead of against them and for this reason they were spared from persecution. At least one Finnish army camp included a make-shift synagogue so soldiers could worship as they pleased while fighting with the Nazi army. This phenomenon is thought to be so rare; Finland may have been the only army to have such a religious freedom. Today there are about 1,500 Jews remaining in Finland.
2 cups cold water
5 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
Pinch of salt
Black pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
6 cups green onion, chopped
15 baby carrots
1 ½ lbs green beans, fresh and chopped
2 cups fresh peas, uncooked
2 cups shredded chicken
2 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp flour
- Pour cold water into a heavy stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Throw potatoes into the boiling water.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook potatoes for about 15 minutes
- Add salt, black pepper to taste, onions, carrots, butter and green beans.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the fresh peas and shredded chicken.
- Mix heavy cream and flour in a small bowl.
- Pour into the soup and stir constantly until the soup is slightly thick.