Quinoa is a little known grain that can be served for any meal of the
day. While most women choose oatmeal as the hot cereal of choice in the
morning, quinoa offers just as much (if not more) nutritional benefit and tastes wonderful. This recipe combines the fertility boosting aid of whole grains with Vitamin C and antioxidant rich cranberries.
3 cups quinoa, uncooked
6 cups water, cold
½ tsp salt
½ cup full-fat milk
2 tb butter, unsalted
2 tsp brown sugar or 1 tb granulated sugar and 1 tb molasses
½ cranberries, dried
Honey to taste
- Pour quinoa into a colander and rinse with cool water. Cheese cloth may be required to keep quinoa from falling through the holes in the colander.
- Place a medium saucepan over high heat and add 6 cups water.
- Add salt to the water and bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is just about done.
- Remove from heat and allow to steam with lid in place.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine full-fat milk with butter and sugar.
- Use a fork to fluff up the quinoa and place over medium heat.
- Add milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer, adding more milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- At the last minute, stir cranberries into quinoa.
- Serve with honey.
Nutritional Benefits: Whole Grains, Full-Fat Dairy.
Category: Breakfast, Snack.