Roasting cauliflower may not be the first method of cooking to come to mind when preparing cauliflower, but it can be a delicious alternative to traditional boiling or baking. When roasted, cauliflower has a unique nutty taste that pairs perfectly with parmesan cheese.
1 large head of cauliflower
2 tb olive oil
¼ tsp salt
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, remove the core of the cauliflower head. Separate the cauliflower florets, cutting each in half to create one flat side.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread florets out on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Place back in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Nutritional Benefits: Vitamin C, Folate, Fiber, Calcium, Low-Calorie
Category: Side Dish