Pregnant women may suffer from reduced appetite so packing in tons of good nutrition in a small space is essential. This recipe for a quick and easy sauté offers tons of protein and folic acid.
1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 Portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 tb olive oil
¼ to ½ tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups fresh baby spinach, washed
1 lime, zested and halved
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 tb parsley, fresh and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a larger skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour chick peas and Portobello into the skillet
- Add cumin and garlic to chick peas.
- Cook chick peas for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent garlic from burning.
- Add the spinach to the skillet.
- Squeeze lime juice into the skillet.
- Cook until the spinach wilts and reduces in size.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, parsley and lime zest.
- Serve spinach in bowls topped with tomato salsa.
Nutritional Benefits: Protein, Calcium, Folic Acid, Fiber
Category: Lunch, Dinner