The constant news stream on the current Coronavirus outbreak can be overwhelming. New information is being shared hour by hour as we all attempt to find out as much as we can to protect ourselves and others.
Stay informed with our up-to-date information on Coronavirus!
Here are some tips to help get you through this volatile time:
There is a fine line between staying informed and becoming frantic with worry. Yes, you should keep up with current recommendations on what to do and what not to do, what new information has been discovered, and things to do if you or a family member gets sick. However, do not get into the habit of constantly checking or watching the news all day and night long. With so many people home, there is an urge to mindlessly read the Twitter feeds and keep the news on 24/7, but resist it. Once you know the facts, keeping the doom and gloom circulating in your brain will only cause unnecessary worry and panic. Stress can negatively affect your pregnancy. Anxiety can also affect your ability to conceive.
Find ways to recharge your mind and lessen your mental load!
With entertainment arenas closed, sports canceled, and Broadway and other shows shut down, the options for entertainment have greatly diminished. Luckily, there have been many creative minds that have prepared for ways to stay entertained while in isolation during the outbreak.
- Google has partnered with more than 500 museums worldwide to bring exhibitions straight to your laptop. So virtually ‘visit’ a new museum everyday Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Germany, Russia and many more.
- There’s nothing like music to soothe the soul and a few websites are offering live music to enjoy from the comfort of your home.
- The Metropolitan Opera will stream full operas each night at 7:30 pm.
- Here are 33 tours you can take online of national parks.
- Stream Broadway shows online (small fee with 7-day free trial).
- Good old reading. You can read ebooks on your mobile phone, iPad, or Kindle. This is a good time to catch up on those books you always meant to read.
Exercises you can do at home
Staying fit and keeping up your exercise routine is very important during pregnancy and while TTC. There is no need to stop it but you may have to change it up a bit. If you have a stationary bike or treadmill, you may be able to transition your exercise routine right to your bedroom. However, if you prefer the feel of group activity, try an online exercise class and enjoy cardio, yoga, or dance.
Check in with the instructor/service first to ensure that the class is safe for pregnancy. There are also countless pregnancy workouts on YouTube, but again, make sure the video is safe for pregnancy before you begin. In addition, on YouTube, there are also 100s of videos on meditation and yoga. Try them out; you might find they also help ease your mind.
- What Is COVID-19 (2019-Novel Coronavirus)?
- Coronavirus 2019-nCoV COVID-19 and Pregnancy
- Are Pregnant Women at Higher Risk of Contracting Coronavirus?
- Coronavirus: Separating Fact from Fiction
- How is Coronavirus Transmitted?
- During COVID-19 Crisis: Is Home Birth Better Than Hospital Birth?
- Prenatal/Pregnancy Yoga Guide
- Real Body Talk: Stop Objecting to Staying Home During COVID-19 Quarantine