Folic acid is the perfect addition to any fertility or pregnancy diet.
This green rice recipe offers a folic acid boost from green, leafy
4 scallions, chopped whites and greens
1 cup watercress
1 cup flat-leaf parsley
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup cilantro
3 tb olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
5 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
Salt to taste
Toasted pine nuts
- Pack greens and scallions into a food processor and pulse until the mixture looks like a paste.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is ready, add garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the paste and heat through.
- Toss the mixture with the brown basmati rice and toss to coat.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Benefits: Folic Acid, Monounsaturated Fats.
Category: Main Dish, Side Dish.