Some people think olive oil is just for salads and cooking, but this recipe blows that theory out of the water – or oil. Olive oil can be fruity as well as savory and when the right combination
of sugar, milk and flavors are added to this healthy monounsaturated
fat, fertility can soar.
1 ½ cups whole milk
½ cup sugar, or granulated sugar substitute
Pinch of salt
4 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup full-fat cream
½ cup olive oil, fruit
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl until lemon yellow in color.
- Add heavy cream to a separate bowl. In a small saucepan, heat sugar, milk and salt until hot stirring occasionally to incorporate the sugar.
- With a large spoon, drizzle a small amount of the heated liquid into the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Immediately add the egg yolks back into the saucepan and heat, without boiling, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into the heavy cream and mix well. Whisk in the olive oil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, whisk the mixture again before pouring into an ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for freezing ice cream.
Nutritional Benefits: Monounsaturated Fats, Whole Milk, Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Ca