Beans are a fantastic source of plant protein and folic acid. With the
addition of orange to this lentil soup, the citrus adds some
antioxidants to help repair cells and keep the body functioning at its
best for optimal fertility.
Juice from two large oranges
2 onions, diced
2 tb olive oil
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 cup lentils
2 cups vegetable stock, low sodium
2 tb fresh mint, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp orange zest
Salt and pepper, as desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add carrots and celery and continue to sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a stock pot, combine orange juice, orange zest, vegetable sauté, lentils, vegetable stock and bay leaf. Simmer the ingredients over low heat for one hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and remove bay leaf.
- Cool soup before blending in a food processor.
- Heat soup when ready to serve and garnish with mint.
Nutritional Benefits: Plant Protein, Vitamin C, Mono-unsatured Fats.
Category: Main Dish, Side Dish, Appetizer, Lunch.