Before you start undergoing major infertility testing, it's recommended that you try figuring out what is going on with your body and to try to naturally improve your fertility. The good news is that this can be done in as short a time period as 3-4 months.
7 steps to improve your fertility
- Control your weight
- Timing of intercourse
- Improve his health
- Test her fertility at home
- Stay away from these toxins and eat healthy food
- Reduce stress
For more detailed information on each of the above, read "How to Get Pregnant Faster!"
In order to treat infertility effectively, you need to know the exact cause of why you cannot get pregnant. Getting a correct diagnosis of infertility and the cause will help you and your doctor decide how to treat it, and get you pregnant as soon as possible.
Once the correct infertility diagnosis has been confirmed and depending on what the diagnosis is, infertility can often be treated with:
- Life changes
- Intra-uterine insemination
- Assisted reproductive technology
Occasionally, treatments are combined. However, doctors can only recommend specific treatments for infertility if they know which causes to address.
• The factors contributing to infertility
• The duration of infertility
• The woman's age
• The couple’s treatment preference after counseling about success rates, risks, and benefits of each treatment option
Here is a brief overview of treatment options:
- If you have ovulation problem: If your problems are because you have PCOS and you are overweight then losing weight may help you ovulate. Sometimes giving you drugs like clomiphene citrate or injectables may help you get pregnant, too.
- If there are sperm problems: You should try finding out how to improve his sperm count. If it's still low then usually IVF and ICSI may help you get pregnant.
- If your fallopian tubes are not open: Surgery can sometimes help open the tubes, but many doctors feel IVF is your best option.
- If there is unexplained infertility: Many doctors feel IVF is your best option getting pregnant with unexplained infertility.
Sign up for babyMed Fertility University and receive regular emails about how to get pregnant faster and have a healthy pregnancy!