Quinoa is a little known grain that cooks up similar to rice. When dried
fruits are added to this dish, fertility gets a boost from plant
protein and antioxidants.
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups water, cold
1 can chick peas, drained
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup raisons
1/3 cup almond slivers
¼ cup mint, chopped
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp cumin, hot or mild
3 tb olive oil
Salt and pepper, as desired
- Place quinoa and old water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Pour cooked quinoa into a large bowl and stir in dried fruits, raisons, 1 tb olive oil and mix.
- In a food processor, puree the chick peas with remaining olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, creating a mild hummus.
- Serve hummus with flat bread on the side while enjoying the fruity quinoa.
Nutritional Benefits: Monounsaturated Fats, Plant Protein, Folic Acid, Antioxidants.
Category: Side Dish, Main Dish.