Every parent knows that the most important baby in the world is his or her own, but some babes arrive with a bit more fanfare than most do. Here’s a quick run-down on the babies born to celebrity parents in 2013. It’s too soon to tell which babies - yours or theirs - will grow up to become celebrities in their own right, but there is one royal exception to that rule in this year’s nursery roll call: Prince George of Cambridge, born on July 22, is third in line to the British crown, making him a world-famous celebrity even before drawing his first breath.
- 11th: Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John, second son of Sir Elton John and long-time partner, David Furnish. John and Furnish were among the first gay couples to be formally united when the UK’s Civil Partnership Act went into effect on December 21, 2005. Both their sons were delivered by the same surrogate mother.
- 22nd: Milan Pique Mebarak, son and first child of Latin songstress, Shakira, and Gerard Pique, a star of Spanish professional football.
- 14th: Felix Chang Hong, second child and first son born to British actor, Hugh Grant, and Tinglan Hong.
- 14th: Lula Rosylea Adams, second daughter of Canadian musician Bryan Adams, and wife, Alicia Grimaldi, co-founder and trustee of The Bryan Adams Foundation, which is dedicated to expanding learning opportunities for children and young adults around the world.
- 28th: Ava Berlin Renner, daughter and first child of American actor, Jeremy Renner, and his girlfriend, Sonni Pacheco.
- 28th: Lincoln Bell Shepard, daughter and first child born to Gossip Girl’s Kristen Bell, and Parenthood’s Dax Shepard. The vegan couple was named PETA’s “Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2013.”
- 6th: Sage Lavinia Huston, daughter and first child of English actor, Jack Huston, of Boardwalk Empire fame, and his girlfriend, Shannan Click, a Victoria’s Secret model.
- 29th: Edward Marsiaj, third son born to Czech fashion model Eva Herzigova and long-time love, Gregorio Marsiaj.
- 5th: The son of Calvin Klein model, Laura Stone, and her husband, British comedian David Walliams. The little man’s name has not been made public at this time.
- 20th: Alaia-Mai Humes, first child of Rochelle Wiseman Humes of the British girl group, The Saturdays, and husband, musician Marvin Humes.
- 30th: Justice Jay “JJ” Ackles, daughter of Supernatural star Jensen Ackles and his wife, Danneel Harris.
- 31st: Everly Tatum, daughter and first child of Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum, both known for their acting and dancing careers.
- 15th: North West, born five weeks early to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. Little North is keeping up just fine after his early start on what’s sure to be a very exciting life.
- 30th: Ace Knute Johnson, second child and first son born to entertainment entrepreneur, Jessica Simpson, and her husband, Eric Johnson, retired NFL tight end.
- 2nd: Cricket Pearl Silverstein, second daughter of Cougar Town’s Busy Philipps and screenwriter, Marc Silverstein.
- 22nd: Luna Bardem, baby sister to Leo and second child of Spanish actors Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem.
- 22nd: Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, first son of Kate Middleton and Prince William, Duchess and Duke of Cambridge.
- 23rd: Carmen Gabriela Baldwin, daughter of actor Alec Baldwin and his wife, Hilaria Baldwin.
- 27th: Noah Bublé, son of Canadian crooner, Michael Bublé, and his wife, Luisana Lopilato, the Argentinian actress, model, and singer.
- 29th: Axl Jack Duhamel, first child of Stacy Ann Ferguson, aka Black Eyed Peas vocalist “Fergie,” and her hunky hubby, Josh Duhamel.
- 28th: Elijah Hubbell is a bundle of glee-filled joy to parents Heather Morris and Taylor Hubbell. Elijah is the couple’s first child and the first child born to the cast members of TV hit series, Glee, where mom plays cheerleader Brittany S. Pierce.
- Azura Sienna Ononye, daughter of British show-biz powerhouse Alesha Dixon and Azuka Ononye. Azura’s actual late-September birth date has not been made public at this time.
- 5th: Maceo Robert Martinez, son of American actress, Halle Berry, and her husband, French actor Olivier Martinez. Maceo’s parents met in South Africa where they were both working on the film, Dark Tide.
- 18th: Parker Bridge, son and first child of English singer-songwriter Frankie Sandford, and fiance, Wayne Bridge. Parker is the second baby born this year to members of the pop girl band, The Saturdays.
- Luka Violet Toni Candy, first child of Australian actress / songstress Holly Valance and British billionaire developer, Nick Candy. Luka’s actual November birth date has not been publicly revealed.
- 26th: Autumn James Hallisay, the daughter and first child of actress Jennifer Love Hewitt and Brian Hallisay.
- 7th: Bear Rocknroll, son of actress Kate Winslet and hubby, Ned Rocknroll.
As 2013 closes and we move into 2014, it will be exciting to see who becomes the parents of next year...in and out of the limelight.
Source: “Gorgeous Baby Pics: Celebrity Babies 2013.” Glamour Magazine, UK. Conde Nast UK. n.d. Web. Dec 30, 2013.