A childbirth class is a wonderful way to learn more about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum care and to meet other moms-to-be. It can help you prepare for labor, giving birth, and caring for a new baby. Here at babyMed, we offer a 10-lesson Childbirth Course via email. You can take our course at your own pace, it's free, and extends what you can get through traditional childbirth classes.
Traditional offline childbirth classes may cover CPR, labor, postpartum and newborn care. Classes range from weekend courses to 1-2 hour individual classes, from one-day intensive workshop to weekly sessions lasting a month or more. Most hospitals offer childbirth and other classes, or you can take one through an independent instructor or organization.
Our most popular articles cover everything you need to know about pregnancy health and comfort, and childbirth.
- Adjusting To Being Pregnant: Painful Body Changes And How To Cope
- Getting Dad Prepared For Fatherhood
- Healthy Exercise And Supplementation
- Proper Pregnancy Nutrition
- Telling Family, Friends And Your Boss
- Clothing And Fetal Safety
- Dealing With An Expanding Tummy
- Where Did These Breasts Come From?
- Swelling, Swelling Everywhere
- Cervical Dilation And Effacement
Pregnancy comfort and practice
- Breathing Exercises
- Kegel Exercises
- Prelabor Prep
- Warm Water And Fetal Safety
- Switching From High Heels To Flats
- Most Common Pains During Pregnancy
Food: you and your baby are what you eat
- Foods To Avoid
- Healthy Food Suggestions
- Caffeinated Sodas
- Diet Sodas
- Artificial Sweeteners
- All About The Breech
- Does Sex Cause Labor?
- Natural Methods To Induce Labor
- How Do You Know You Are In Labor?
- How Long Do I Have Until The Baby Is Born?
- When Should I Head to the Hospital?
Pain relief and labor options
- Breathing Exercises
- Epidural And Pregnancy
- General Anesthesia
- Natural Childbirth
- Spinal Anesthesia
- When Is It Too Late for Pain Medication?
Labor & delivery issues
- Cesarean Birth
- Vacuum Assisted Birth And Forceps
- Vaginal Tearing
- Labor Induction
- Unproductive Labor
- Assisted Breathing
- Caring For The Baby When Mom Breastfeeds
- Basic Diapering Skills 101
- Giving Mom A Hand After Birth
- Helping When the Time Is Right
- Me Time Replaced By Daddy Time
- Preparing For A New Baby
- Breast Feeding: Benefits For Baby
- Breast Feeding: Tips And Tricks
- Bottle Feeding: Is It Healthy?
- Bottle Feeding: Sanitary Choices And Formula Selection
- Alternative Feeding Choices