It's a fact: It is important to eat well balanced meals at all times. This is even more essential when you are trying to get pregnant, and during pregnancy. Many nutrients including vitamins and minerals are needed for the proper development of the baby. You should eat the right foods and keep away from the wrong ones. Most foods are safe; however, there are some foods that you should avoid during pregnancy. Some foods are safe and others are not safe during pregnancy because changes in hormones can cause a woman's immune system to become suppressed.
THE TOP PREGNANCY FOOD RULES:
- Food safety in pregnancy
- Checklists of Foods to Avoid Before and During Pregnancy
- Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. Don't eat junk foods or fast foods
- Wash your hands and all fruits and vegetables and cook food well
- Check expiration dates andf don't eat anything that won't eventually rot.
- Don't eat anything with more than five ingredients, or ingredients you can't pronounce.
- Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop on the perimeter of the store.
- It is not just what you eat but how you eat. "Always leave the table a little hungry,"
- Families traditionally ate together, around a table and not a TV, at regular meal times. It's a good tradition. Enjoy meals with the people you love.
- Don't buy food where you buy your gasoline.
Before You're Pregnant: Protect your unborn baby from methylmercury and toxoplasmosis, and take folic acid supplements!
While You’re Pregnant: Protect your unborn baby from methylmercury, toxoplasmosis, listeria, and other foodborne illness.