You always assumed that each pregnancy is divided into three trimesters. But did you know that there are actually six trimesters? The six trimesters are roughly divided each into segments of about 3 months:
- Pre-Trimester (preconception)
- First Trimester (up to 12-13 weeks)
- Second Trimester (up to 26-27 weeks)
- Third Trimester (up to delivery)
- Fourth Trimester (postbirth or postpartum)
- Fifth Pregnancy Trimester (going back to work)
These six trimesters have each their own succinct different emotional and physical happenings that make them unique.
There are three trimesters of pregnancy. Each trimester lasts approximately three months or 40 weeks for a full-term pregnancy. These trimesters are like goals for pregnancy. Make it to the second trimester and things are a bit safer. Make it to the third trimester and the pregnancy is nearing the exciting day of birth. Each of these trimesters marks a pregnancy milestone and brings new and exciting changes for mom and baby. Let this page be your guide to those changes.
Pregnancy by Trimester
- What to Expect During the Trimesters of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Milestones to Look for in Each Trimester
The Pre-Trimester of Pregnancy
- What Is The Pre-Trimester?
- The Six Trimesters Of Pregnancy
- Pre-Trimester Checklist: Before You Get Pregnant
- Top 10 Pre-Trimester Tips
- What Is Preconception Care?
- The Preconception To-Do List
First Trimester of Pregnancy
- First Trimester Checklist
- What Happens in the First Trimester of Pregnancy?
- How to Survive the First Trimester of Pregnancy in 12 Steps
- First Trimester Screen Test - Nuchal Translucency
- First Trimester Ultrasound Scanning
- First Trimester from the Male Perspective
- First Trimester Miscarriage
Second Trimester of Pregnancy
- Second Trimester Checklist
- How to Survive the Second Trimester of Pregnancy in 12 Steps
- What Happens in the Second Trimester of Pregnancy with my Body?
- What Happens in the Second Trimester of Pregnancy with my Baby?
- What Happens in the Second Trimester of Pregnancy with my Doctor's Appointments and Tests?
- What Happens in the Second Trimester of Pregnancy with my Relationship?
- The Second Trimester from the Male's Perspective
- Second Trimester Miscarriage
Third Trimester of Pregnancy
- Third Trimester Checklist
- How to Survive the Third Trimester of Pregnancy in 12 Steps
- 3rd Trimester During Pregnancy: Week 28
- What Happens in the Third Trimester of Pregnancy with my Body?
- What Happens in the Third Trimester of Pregnancy with my Baby?
- What Happens in the Third Trimester of Pregnancy with Doctor's Appointments and Tests?
- What Happens in the Third Trimester of Pregnancy with my Relationship?
- Third Trimester from the Male Perspective
Fourth Trimester of Pregnancy: Postpartum
- PostBirth Warning Signs: Read This First
- Take this Postbirth and Postpartum Test
- All About Breastfeeding
- Guide to Sex
- What Happens in the Delivery Room After Labor is Over?
- Is My Baby Allowed in the Room for My Entire Hospital Stay?
- How-to Guide for Newborns
- Common Postpartum Issues
- Get Tested for Postpartum Depression
- 6 Week Postpartum Visit
- Postpartum Exercise - What is Safe?
- Postpartum Blues/Depression
- Bladder Issues
- Postpartum Urinary Incontinence
Fifth Trimester of Pregnancy: Going Back to Work
- How to Deal With an Employer Refusing Maternity Leave
- Pregnancy and Maternity Insurance Guide
- When Should I Return to Work After Birth?
- Can I Still Breastfeed When I Return to Work?
- Where Do I Find a Nanny?
- How to Find a Good Nanny
- Childcare: Nanny 101
Let babyMed guide you through these six pregnancy trimesters!